NEW YORK CITY ART LAWYER
Transacting in fine art throughout history, and ever more so today, represents the attainment of privilege and success. For what is more reflective of one's standing and refinement than the possession of fine art of the highest caliber, from paints and portraits to sculptures, jewelery and other forms of art. The acquisition of such highly-esteemed pieces of art is exceedingly prestigious, but also should be supported by the representation of appropriate legal counsel whe undertake such fine art-related transactions or dealing with the legal issues arising from the ownership of such art.
The legal work that we are able to render with respect to fine art includes:
* Providing legal counsel with respect to the purchase and sale of high-end art work.
* Assessing the authentication process, including the investigation that goes behind verifying the authenticity of a specific piece of art.
* Undertaking appropriate remedial legal action (and where necessary judicial court action) with respect to issues associated with acquired art work.
* Preparing the legal documentation related to the lending of fine art to museums, galleries and private individuals (i.e. consignment arrangements). Together with protection fractional interests in a particular piece of art.
* Protection and optimization of copyright and cultural heritage issues.
* Addressing legal matters associated with the transference of art across national borders, together with the tax implications of such transfers.
* Fine art valuation from varying perspectives: (i) pledging as collateral, (ii) donation and (iii) estate taxation.
As such, when you are looking to purchase or sell high-end art work, or are facing legal issues associated with your artwork, the New York division of Neufeld Legal PC is capable of representing your legal interests therein. Contact us via email at NYC@NeufeldLegal.com or telephone at 646-681-4491.
* Our law firm is involved in the legal side of the purchase (or leasing) of high-end products including, but not limited to, private jets / helicopters, luxury yachts, art work, and vacation properties (emphasizing Canadian real estate).
For the global merger and acquisition legal needs of European, Asian / Chinese, Middle Eastern, South American and Canadian businesses requiring experienced legal representation to transact business with New York City based companies. Since with effective legal representation, that understands how to optimize the profitability that can be realized through multi-national mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, partnerships and joint ventures, your engagement of a New York based corporate partner will be that much more successful. Attorney Advertising. Prior Results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. We are only admitted to practice in specific jurisdictions and conduct all legal work and communications exclusively in English. Client's Rights. Client's Responsibilities. Legal Statement. © 2013.